Thursday, November 5, 2009

Happy Quarter-life!!


I love the movie A Beautiful Mind. What a work of art. And what a life! But there is one scene especially that I love--so much so that I have to rewind it and play it over again just to hear the words one more time. It is the last scene of the movie, and John Nash is accepting the Nobel Peace Prize. He makes a short acceptance speech--it is perfect:

"What truly is logic? Who decides reason? My quest has taken me to the physical, the metaphysical, the delusional, and back. I have made the most important discovery of my career - the most important discovery of my life. It is only in the mysterious equations of love that any logic or reason can be found."
And looking at his wife, he continues. "I am only here tonight because of you. You are the only reason I am. You are all my reasons. Thank you."

Even now, it's enough to choke me up. That is what I want to shout to you, my husband, every day--You are the only reason I am! You are all my reasons!

Thank you, Honey, for making every day with you the deepest circle of HEAVEN! For making me grateful I wasn't born Angelina Jolie or Ann Wilson or any of the other people I sometimes fantasize about being. Thank you for making me perfectly satisfied being regular old me because it means you are there every morning and every night. I love you! I love you! I love you! Happy 25th!

No comments:

Post a Comment