Saturday, July 24, 2010

And By the Way...



Did I tell you I have a weird son?? 18 months old, and his new thing is bugs. Not sure where this comes from--I'm not a big bug person. Not at all.
True, we have a pet tarantula, and I think she's pretty fantastically awesome! And low-maintenance, which, really, with the Sorensen pet death record, is the best kind of pet.
But my son goes to extremes with bugs. He will try to pick up anything--ANYTHING! roly-polys, beetles, grasshoppers, wasps, spiders... No fear. Yikes! I love his fearlessness, but I am learning I have to temper it with a few warnings... you know, like "That spider is a bad spider. Leave that one alone." Or "No, that is a hornet. It will hurt you. Just look."
How do you teach without stamping out curiosity and brave innocence? I'm learning.
Oh, but the best part is that he has to sample all these bugs he is discovering. Delish! Insect appetizers are on the menu for the next few months, I believe. Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment