Thursday, September 20, 2012

Family Reunions

Well, it was the year for reunions, apparently! We hit three of them, and we missed two others... Five! Five reunions in the same year. And you know what? I was a little bummed to miss the other two, because I LOVE REUNIONS! I do! I have heard that they're not for every family, and that makes me kinda sad for those families. Our family reunions--on all sides--are just lovely and nostalgic and happy and hilarious and tender and really, really great. So this summer full of reunions brought us much joy! Can't wait to do them again in a couple of years. Hooray!

....Well, for some reason, I just can't get the slideshow to work today.... So here's a smattering of pics from the three reunions. What a blast!

Reunion 2012

Just click that title up there, and enjoy!

And some reunion highlights:
-LOTS and LOTS of water time--pools, lakes and beaches
-Having lots of cousins around for my chickens to hang with
-Family sing-alongs and solo performances
-Tubing behind a motorboat
-The "Nursing Tent" with my fellow cousin-mommies
-Running into smiling faces anywhere one turned
-Telling fairy tales to my son on an inner tube, and hearing him say, "I want another awesome story!"
-Delicious food and treats around campfires
-Staying up till all hours with my siblings
-White elephant exchanges
-Catnaps and mellow visiting time
-Being gathered in one place (or three consecutive places) with all of my greatest blessings around me!

2 comments:

  1. It was so good to see you at the reunion! It had been FOREVER! Love reading your blog to get updates on you guys. Ps: when I click on the "Reunion 2012" it pulls up picasa, but doesnt show any pictures, not sure if its just my computer or something on your end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, good to know.... I'll have to check that out...

    ReplyDelete