Wednesday, February 3, 2010

You Know You Are Sick When...

-When you hear your boy throwing up in his crib at 4:30 am, but you just let him sleep in it because to even try to roll out of bed is more work than you can think about right now.
-When you're already so empty by 8 am that the only thing left to heave is your guts.
-When you literally have to pray for "just one half-hour of strength, please!" in order to feed your child at lunchtime.
-When, even with added strength, you're crawling around on the kitchen floor, from drawer to microwave to table, etc.
-When you've got the heater at 70, a sweatshirt on, and your buried under piles of blankets, and you're still freezing.
-When the best greeting you can give your overworked, overwhelmed husband when he walks in the door after a 16 hour day is (without even turning your head), "Hi honey, can you go get Coren out of bed? He's been awake in there for about an hour now."

Ahh, you gotta love the flu.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my lovely, are you any better yet? That sounds HORRIBLE! I wish I was close by and could come and take care of you and your little dude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get better, that sounds awful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is AWFUL! I didn't know that you were sick. I would offer to come and help- but honestly I DO NOT WANT IT! YUCK!!! I hope that you get better soon.

    ReplyDelete