Friday, June 10, 2011

How the Sorensens Roll....

Before I became a Brooks, I was a Sorensen.... and pretty much 1000% of my makeup declares that I still am a Sorensen. Of which I am grateful. We have our flaws (do we ever!), but life is fabulous as a Sorensen! For example, the way a Sorensen prepares for, and executes, vacation plans:

Monday, May 30, 12:43 pm: (Text from Tera to me)
"Hi girlie, we're in Cedar City for the day. If you're feeling crazy spontaneous you could meet up with us and come stay at our house for a couple weeks."

And around 8:30 the next morning, this Sorensen was off to New Mexico for a week with her sister, kids in tow.

That's how we roll. Prep time? Planning? Never heard of it!

And it was a lovely week. All of it. We fixed cars, celebrated birthdays, visited zoos and gardens, watched baseball games, swam in jacuzzis, ate food, watched movies, played Pictionary, took naps, went shopping, gave kids lots of naps, wished for naps ourselves, talked till 2 am, and let Megan dress/change/hold/feed/etc Risa all she wanted! We just had fun. I needed it. And I loved it.





1 comment: