Thursday, August 23, 2012

"Let Me Explain" Pt. 2


Coren got to go to a few days of preschool camp this summer--I am so glad we did this! It gave me a couple hours of break time, and (probably more importantly) it gave him a couple of hours of break time. Each day he came home with his crafts and his costume, grinning from ear to ear. And it made me happy, to see him so happy.


And whilst Big Brother got his fun, we girls partied in our own way. I gave my little girl her first tea party. We dressed up, had all kinds of fancy hors d'oeuvres (we're talking fancy--lil smokies, deviled eggs, the works! Ha!), and I even pulled out my old school strawberry dishes. She loved it, and it made me feel like a little girl again myself. Lovely!

We smattered the rest of the summer with all kinds of outdoor activities.... That was my goal this year, to help my kids take full advantage of the sun. And, you know, we didn't do half-bad, really.....










So here's to a beautiful summer... I really wish it wasn't nearing it's end just yet; I could go another three months, at least!

..... Although this little heart is starting to beat to that Halloween rhythm, so I guess all good things must come to an end.... to make way for other good things. And so we bid summer (not quite yet, but it's coming) a fond farewell....

2 comments:

  1. Look at little Risa looking so much like you in these pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the crazy-crazy-crazy hair. That's what it is. :)

    ReplyDelete