Sunday, May 22, 2011

Busy Week

Well, another adventurous week has come and gone... and true to form, instead of blogging as things happened, I'm just doing it all today. But I'll go ahead and do separate blog entries this time. "It's the principle of the thing." So here goes...

1. Richfield

We had a lovely time in Richfield the first half of the week. Chad was sent down to cover for the manager for a few days, and, naturally, we went too. Chad always thinks I'm kind-of funny, because I insist on going with him.... But then we get there, no one sleeps the first night, and then I'm a total grump the next day. But it's only really the first day. The following days are fun. And frankly, I prefer sleepless nights next to Chad over restful ones alone (as does Chad).

It rained a bit, but not enough to deter us from getting out and trekking to the park every day. The kids loved that--three days of non-stop outside and park time! We should stay in tiny hotel rooms more often, I guess.








And it was a rather good set-up for me as well: Chad took the car to work every day, so I ended up walking miles around the town in those three days. Much needed exercise!



















And we ate delicious food, of course. Nothing like a few days off from planning and cooking dinners to make me feel a little spoiled. 

Might I recommend the... lobster?? 


No comments:

Post a Comment