Sunday, May 22, 2011

Busy Week...

2. Rain
We came home to rain. Which I love.

For some reason, all I want when it rains is this: 
Hot chocolate and Sense & Sensibility.
Except that I want the movie--
The really beautiful one with Emma Thompson and Kate Winslet.
But since I have yet to replace my old VHS tape with a DVD, 
I was left drinking my cocoa and pining for my movie, 
rather than actually watching it.
Ah, well.

And I couldn't help snapping this photo in the rain... 
only because I was thinking as an English nerd, 
and (Rachel, this is for you), 
my brain saw this image and kept repeating that really annoying poem
by William Carlos Williams:
so much depends
upon
a red wheel
barrow
glazed with rain water
beside the white chickens.






Okay, it's a tan wagon rather than a red wheelbarrow.
And there are no chickens.
But I thought of the poem anyhow.
Supposedly it's a brilliant poem.
I've missed that part of it somewhere.

2 comments:

  1. I love WCW. For some reason he always makes me think of this funny kid's book called Dr. De Soto. I have no idea why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of it. And I actually like a lot of his poems. This one just doesn't do it for me.

    ReplyDelete